an adventure in Siquijor

Hi Yom! I just had a pleasant and adventurous experience in Siquijor. I got to climb hills and had a lunch in a rainforest. I got to tour around the province by riding on a scooter/motorbike.

Wala lang. I have been wanting to do this - to explore a new place and feel the place and commune with nature. I was able to do all those three things in Siquijor.

Why Siquijor - I really don't know. Maybe because I wanted to know if what we heard about the place is real or not. I was dissuaded by my friends not to go alone since I barely don't know anyone from there - until I found this website --> http://siquijorhikers.com/. The site seemed different to the ones i found in the net. It did not offer the typical places to see in Siquijor but it somehow encourages you to have your own adventure. It's like a choose-your-own-adventure thing.

I had this feeling that the guide is somehow like you. :) and indeed he was like you. :) Each time we had a conversation, I would share a little bit about you. Then after our climb in the forest, as we were driving back to another site, I told him about the poem you made. I summarized it for him - and when I uttered the lines "Ginagmay na pahulay, tulon ug laway!!!!" he had goosebumps. Your poem is indeed a mountaineer's creed.

I remember everything about you yom. I wish I were part of one of your adventures! :)

By the way, Siquijor is mystical because of its beauty. I wish we grew up in a place where hills are within our reach. I wish we were allowed to go up the Noranian hill. :)

Comments

Popular Posts